Wednesday 27 June 2007

June 27

Decided to go for a real walk today, and not just walking to a beer store that was farther away. In a small city like Lethbridge it would seem that it would be difficult to find somewhere that is new to walk but it was surprisingly easy. I walked over to Crowsnest Trail and along the highway across the Old Man River. I cut through the nature reserve, around the golf course and up Bridge Drive, a road that I have never seen anyone walking along the entire time that I have lived in Lethbridge. I imagine that one reason no one walks there is the fact that there is no accommodation made for pedestrians or cyclists. Bridge Drive passes by old coal mining works as it winds up the side of the coulee. As I recall the coal site spontaneously combusted last year and burned for quite some time. I stopped at the Southern Alberta Art Gallery on the way home for an artists talk by Camille Turner, who is doing a project in town titled "Final Frontier." Today's total walk has been 17.05 km.

No comments: